VPT 3D-Viewer (WF-3D)
For systems-of-systems modeling, CSIM's 3D Viewer is part of CSIM's Vehicle Platforms Terrains (VPT) model library.
(Also called: Win-Frame 3D-Viewer or WF3D)
The WF-3D Viewer can accept animation commands from three (3) interfaces:
WF3d is intended for visualizing and interacting with complex
simulations. It does not emphasize photo-realistic displays, but
rather light-weight, easy-to-use, better-than-schematic
visualizations. It supports systems engineering by combining
logical data with mission-level displays. This general-purpose viewer can be used with
virtually any simulator, sensor, or design tool.
- File (XML format commands),
- Socket (XML format commands),
- C-call (linked object file).
The following documents, tools, models, and examples are available:
1st Tutorial Movie: WF3d Brief Introduction
2nd Tutorial Movie: Moving Objects
Textual Tutorial: Using WinFrame3D
- XML Format Commands - WFL - Specification
This is the Win-Frame-Language (WFL).
- Download WF-3D Viewer - [Right-click to download] (Contains small example geom.dat for testing.)
WF3D License Agreement
- WF3D-Viewer Operation and Usage Instructions
- Examples: Some simple examples are included with CSIM distributions.
- Download Example Set 1: (Simple Examples)
- 3D Model Libraries
- Download Example 2:
1. Compile: cc -O gen_landscape_lowres.c -lm -o gen_landscape
2. Build landscape file: gen_landscape
3. Run viewer: wf3d geom.dat
Suggestion: Peruse the geom.dat file to understand the makeup of the animation commands.
- Download Socket Interface Example:
Socket-based example. Populates hundreds of entities via socket interface.
Download and source the Com file. (Hint: Hit s after starting simulation to be taken on an automatic tour over the terrain.)
(Compiled for PC's running Linux.)
- Importing Mesh/Polygon Objects - Converters:
The following formats can be converted for importing predefined objects into WinFrame3D:
3DS - 3D Studio
LWO - Lightwave Object (partial)
WFL - WinFrame Language
DXF - AutoDesk DXF
- Importing Terrains - Converters:
- WF3D Command-Line Options
- WF-3D Object Interface -
You can link WF-3D to your own programs so that you can call WF-3D commands/operations
directly, without using a socket or file interface. See WF-3D
Related libraries: Otk - Open Tool Kit - Add buttons/controls, gauges/meters to your
- Auxiliary Utilities -
- XYZ-2-WF - 3D Data Plotting. Converts matrix data into 3D surface-plots or bar-graphs for highly
interactive viewing with WF3D. (Numeric visualization.)